Summary of survey software: SPSS Complex Samples
Types of designs that can be accommodated.
For both design and estimation, accomodates stratification, clustering, and
multistage sampling. Supports a number of unequal-probability without replacement sampling schemes including 2-PSU-per-stratum designs.
Types of estimands and statistical analyses that can be accomodated.
Note: above information is for SPSS 13.0; SPSS 12 supports a more
restricted set of features.
- Complex Samples Plan module: Specifies design information
for sample selection and/or analysis. (See "Designs" section for designs that are supported.) The file created by this module is used by all other modules.
- Complex Samples Selection module: Chooses units according
to a sample design specified by Complex Samples Plan.
- Complex Samples Frequencies module: Cell counts
and proportions with standard errors.
- Complex Samples Descriptives module: Estimates sums, means, and ratios with standard errors and design effects, for whole population or subpopulations.
- Complex Samples Crosstabs module: One- or two-way
tabulations with standard errors, design effects, coefficients of variation,
odds ratios and/or relative risks, and tests of independence, taking into
account the complex survey design.
- Complex Samples General Linear Model module: Linear regression models including analysis of variance and analysis of covariance models. Model parameters with design-corrected standard errors, t-tests and Wald F and chi-square tests, adjustments for multiple comparisons.
- Complex Samples Logistic Regression module: Binary and
multinomial logistic regression models, with similar options for linear
predictor specification to CSGLM.
Restrictions on number of variables or observations.
Based only on system size.
Primary methods used for variance estimation.
General description of the "feel" of the software.
Menu-based entry with "wizards" for the various modules.
Platforms on which the software can be run.
Pricing and terms.
See SPSS web site, http://www.spss.com/estore/softwaremenu/software.cfm.
SPSS Inc. Headquarters
233 S. Wacker Drive, 11th floor
Chicago, Illinois 60606
Return to main page for survey software